UHP grade graphite electrodes manufacturer and uses
By:Yvonne Dec 14, 2020
UHP is the highest power graphite electrode grade, used for ultra-high power electric arc furnace steelmaking.
UHP grade graphite electrodes manufacturer
UHP grade graphite electrodes structure drawing, It's composed of rod and nipple.
Types of graphite electrodes
1) Very high electricity load capacity.
2) Bulk density is strictly controlled to have the best thermal shock resistance.
3) Low specific resistance, excellent electrical conductivity, so the energy loss is very small and no electric arc generates at body part.
4) Good high temperature mechanical strength, is not easy to rupture during working.
5) No contamination to the processed steel, only CO or CO2 gas are produced during oxidization.
6) Very low thermal expansion coefficient.
7) Long production cycle and complex processing craft.
8) Precise machining accuracy
IEC 60239 Graphite electrodes for electric arc furnaces – Dimensions and designation
YB/T 4088 Graphite electrode
YB/T 4089 High power graphite electrode
YB/T 4090 Ultra high power graphite electrode
• Technical specification:
UHP grade graphite electrodes uses
Graphite electrodes are widely used for production of alloy steels, metal and other nonmetallic materials, etc.
DC electric arc furnace & AC electric arc furnace & Submerged arc furnace & Ladle furnace
The rate at which UHP graphite electrodes are consumed in an EAF depends on the steelmaking or other raw materials used, the grades of steel being produced, and the amount of supplemental (chemical) energy used. EAFs typically consume electrodes at a rate of around 2 kg per tonne of steel produced, with some specialty steel applications consuming at a slightly higher rate.