Will the vacuum system on the electric arc furnace affect the consumption of grahpite electrodes?
By:Yvonne Aug 26, 2020
The consumption of graphite electrode in vacuum system and the method to reduce the consumption of graphite electrode
Will the vacuum system on the electric arc furnace affect the consumption of electrodes?
The fan used in the vacuum system produces a certain negative pressure when it works, which increases the air velocity around the red-hot electrodes in steelmaking, thus increasing the oxidation consumption of the electrodes. In steelmaking, a well-regulated vacuum system maintains a good working environment and stabilizes the consumption of the electrodes.
How to avoid increasing electrode consumption in steelmaking?
• Maintain a good power supply state and supply electricity within the allowable current intensity range of the electrode according to the design requirements of the electric furnace.
• Prevent the arcing point from immersing in the molten pool.
• Prevent the increase of carbon by immersing the electrodes in molten steel.
• If conditions permit, spray cooling technology is used for the electrodes.
• Setting up the correct exhaust emission system.
• To adopt the correct oxygen blowing system.