UHP electrodes meaning? performance of uhp graphite electrode
By:Yvonne Sep 29, 2020
UHP graphite electrode means ultra-high power graphite electrode. The graphitization temperature is as high as 2800 ~ 3000°C, so the performance is better.
UHP electrodes meaning?
UHP electrodes is composed of body and nipple.
UHP electrodes Standards
• IEC 60239 Graphite electrodes for electric arc furnaces – Dimensions and designation
• YB/T 4088 Graphite electrode
• YB/T 4089 High power graphite electrode
• YB/T 4090 Ultra high power graphite electrode
The ultra-high-power graphite electrode is paired with an ultra-high-power electric arc furnace, which refers to an electric arc furnace whose unit power (the ratio of the rated capacity of the furnace transformer to the nominal capacity of the electric arc furnace) reaches a certain high level.
Generally considered: the unit power of 20t electric arc furnace is ≥750kVA/t, the unit power of 30t electric arc furnace is ≥700kVA/t, the unit power of 50t electric arc furnace is ≥600kVA/t, the unit power of 70t electric arc furnace is ≥570kVA/t, and the unit power of 100t electric arc furnace The unit power of ≥500kVA/t is an ultra-high power electric arc furnace.
Performance of uhp graphite electrode
UHP graphite electrode data sheet:
• High current carrying capacity
• High resistance to thermal shock
• Outstanding flexural strength
• High temperature resistance to oxidation
• Low modulus of elasticity
• Low coefficient of thermal expansion
High-power graphite electrodes must be produced with high-grade needle coke, and the graphitization heat treatment must be carried out in an in-line graphitization furnace. The graphitization temperature is as high as 2800~3000°C, so the resistivity is lower and allows larger The current density, linear expansion coefficient is smaller, and it has excellent thermal shock resistance.