Graphite electrode picture and graphite electrodes for sale
By:Yvonne May 21, 2021
Graphite electrode is composed of body and nipple, Used as conductive material on EAF (Electric Arc Furnace) and LF (Ladle Furnace) for steelmaking.
The graphite electrode is a carbon product prepared by calcining an amorphous carbon such as petroleum coke, needle coke or coal pitch through a graphitization furnace. It is a high temperature resistant graphite conductive material, also known as artificial graphite electrode.
► Graphite electrode has many advantages that makes it used widely.
● Easy to machine.
● Resistant to thermal shock.
● It has a low coefficient of thermal expansion (3 times lower than copper) which guarantees stability of electrode geometry during electro discharge machining.
● It is available in large blocks.
● It does not melt, but goes directly from the solid state to the gaseous at 3,400°C,
● which reduces wear.
● Its density is 5 times lower than that of copper, which results in lighter electrodes.
● It provides a higher metal removal rate than copper with less wear.
● It has the unique characteristic that the wear ratio tends to decrease as the peak current increases.
Graphite electrodes are primarily used in electric arc furnaces for the steel production process and also used in the refinement of steel and similar smelting processes.
Graphite electrode picture & arc furnace electrodes blueprint
► Graphite electrodes for sale
Graphite electrodes generally has three grades, RP(regular power), HP(high power) and UHP(ultra-high power). In order to reaching the requirement of steel making in EAF(electric arc furnace), UHP arc furnace electrodes is used mostly in steel-making process.
Types of graphite electrodes
Specifications and tolerance for graphite electrode
Graphite electrodes data sheet
DAN CARBON is a professional manufacturer, specilizing in the field of graphite electrode. With various products, the specifications of graphite electrode ranges from 200 mm to 700 mm diameter.