304 stainless steel is a common material in stainless steel with a density of du7.93 g/cm3, also called 18/8 stainless steel. High temperature resistance of 800℃, easy processing, corrosion resistance, oxidation resistance and no rust performance.
304 stainless steel meaning
304 is a versatile stainless steel, which is widely used to make equipment and parts that require good overall performance (corrosion resistance and formability). In order to maintain the inherent corrosion resistance of stainless steel, steel must contain more than 16% chromium and more than 8% nickel. 304 stainless steel is a grade of stainless steel produced in accordance with the American ASTM standard.
There are three types of 304 stainless steel: 06Cr19Ni10, AISI304, and SUS304, among which 06Cr19Ni10 means Chinese standard production, AISI304 means ASTM American standard production, and SUS304 means Japanese standard production.
304 stainless steel sheet
Specification and size of 304 stainless steel plate, There are cold-rolled plates, hot-rolled coil cut plates, and medium-thick plates:
1. Cold rolled 304 stainless steel plate:
Conventional thickness: 0.3mm-6.0mm
Conventional width: 1000mm, 1220mm, 1500mm, 1800mm, 2000mm
General length: 2000mm, 2440mm, 3000mm, 4000mm
2. Hot rolled 304 stainless steel coil cutting board:
Conventional thickness: 3.0mm-14mm
Conventional width: 1250mm, 1500mm, 1800mm, 2000mm
General length: 3000mm, 6000mm
The price of 1500mm wide cold-rolled plate is higher, and 1.8m and 2m wide 304 cold-rolled stainless steel are more expensive.
3. 304 stainless steel sheet specifications
Calculation of Theoretic Weight
304 stainless steel price
In August 2020, the price of 304 unedged rolls will be quoted in the range of 1900-2000USD/MT.
304 stainless steel price chart 2020
304 stainless steel rust
304 stainless steel has excellent corrosion resistance and rust resistance because it contains more than 18% of chromium and 8% of nickel. The combination of chromium and nickel produces a layer of anti-oxidation, anti-rust, and corrosion-resistant transparent protective film on the surface of the material.
The reasons for rust of 304 stainless steel are as follows:
1. Stainless steel has the ability to resist oxidation. However, the size of its anti-corrosion ability varies with the chemical composition of the steel itself, processing conditions, use conditions and environmental media types.
2. Stainless steel relies on a very thin, strong, dense and stable chromium-rich oxide film (protective film) formed on its surface to prevent oxygen atoms from infiltrating and continuing to oxidize to obtain the ability to resist corrosion. For a certain reason, this kind of film has been continuously destroyed, oxygen atoms in the air or liquid will continue to infiltrate or iron atoms in the metal will continue to ionize, forming loose iron oxide, and the metal surface will continue to be rusted.
3. The surface of stainless steel has accumulated dust containing other metal elements or attachments of foreign metal particles. In humid air, the condensed water between the attachments and stainless steel connects the two into a micro battery, which initiates an electrochemical reaction. , The protective film is damaged, it is electrochemical corrosion.
Sus304 stainless steel
"SUS" means Steel Use Stainless, It's a Japanese material standard, and 304 stainless steel is a grade of stainless steel produced in accordance with the American ASTM standard. Japan also quoted the name of the United States, calling it: SUS304.
SUS304 stainless steel chemical composition
T304 stainless steel