What should be paid attention to in the storage of graphite electrodes in steel works？
By:Yvonne Aug 19, 2020
Storage of graphite electrodes in steel works
• Electrodes and joints should be stored on clean cement floor to avoid electrode damage or sticking to soil;
• Temporarily unused electrodes should not be removed from the packaging to prevent dust and debris from falling on the joint threads or on the electrical extreme surface and the thread in the electrode hole.
• The electrodes should be placed neatly in the warehouse.
• The two ends of the stack should be padded well to prevent slip stacking.
• The stacking height of the electrodes should not exceed two meters.
• Stored electrodes should be rain-proof and moisture-proof so as to avoid cracking and accelerating oxidation of electrodes during steelmaking.
• Keep electrode joint away from high temperature to prevent thrombolysis overflow.