Cautions before use graphite electrodes
By:Win Jul 06, 2020
Precautions for installation and use of graphite electrode
1. Wet graphite electrode should be dried before use.
2. Remove the foam protective cap on the spare graphite electrode hole, and check whether the internal thread of the electrode hole is complete.
3. Clean the surface and hole threads of the spare graphite electrode with compressed air without oil or water; Avoid cleaning with steel wire or metal brush emery cloth.
4. Carefully screw the joint into the electrode hole of one end of the spare graphite electrode (it is not recommended to directly install the joint into the removed electrode on the furnace), and do not impact threads.
5. Screw the electrode spreader (graphite spreader is recommended) into the electrode hole at the other end of the standby electrode.
6. When lifting the electrode, the soft pad should be placed under one end of the joint of the standby electrode to prevent ground collision and damage to the joint; After the hook is extended into the lifting ring of the spreader, the lifting electrode should be stable to prevent the electrode from loosening by the B end or collision with other fixed devices.
7. Lift the standby electrode to the top of the electrode to be connected, align it with the electrode hole and then drop it slowly; Rotate the standby electrode so that the screw hook rotates down with the electrode; When the two electrode end faces are 10-20mm apart, compressed air is used to clean the exposed parts of the two electrode end faces and the joint again. When the electrode is finally completely lowered, do not push too hard, otherwise, the thread of the electrode hole and joint will be damaged due to the violent collision.
8. Screw the standby electrode with a torque wrench until the end faces of the two electrodes are in close contact (the correct joint between the electrode and the joint is less than 0.05mm).